Impress your customers with these delightful, airy concoctions. The layer of chocolate and macadamia nuts adds more texture and a bit of crunch.
Use your CPM800 stand mixer for best results.
5 (150 g) large egg whites, room temperature
2 tsp (8 ml) vanilla extract
1 ¼ c (250 g) granulated sugar
½ c (85 g) chopped bittersweet chocolate
½ c (71 g) salted macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 225°F (107°C) with two racks set evenly spaced in the middle positions. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In the mixing bowl of the CPM800 stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until foamy, 50-60 seconds. Add granulated sugar slowly in a steady stream. Scrape down the bowl and continue beating until the meringue is shiny and very soft peaks form, 30-40 seconds.
3. Spoon the meringue onto the prepared cookie sheets in 1½- to 2-inch (4- to 5-centimeter) dollops.
4. Bake until firm and lightly browned, about 2 hours. Remove and let cool completely.
5. Once the cookies are cooled, place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
6. Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate so one half is coated and sprinkle with macadamia nuts. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet. Let stand until set. Yield 30 cookies.
Discover all Hamilton Beach Commercial’s equipment solutions for bakeries.